Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sibling Rivalry

30 Day Blogging Challenge
Day twenty seven

Talk about your siblings

I have one sister. I won't sugar coat it, for as long as I can remember we've had a tumultuous relationship.

She's six years older than I am and I think it's been our down fall. We've always been at different places in our lives. Really what twelve year old wants to play with a six year old or what eighteen year old wants their twelve year old sister tagging along everywhere?

It probably explains why now that we are both adults and mums that we are closer than we've ever been. We're finally at the same stage, doing the same stuff, experiencing the same things. We understand each other more than we ever have.

We still remain two very different people but I'm now old enough to accept that's just how we are, she's my sister not my best friend. We don't need to share the same interests, though funny enough now that we live thousands of miles away from each other we actually do share some of the same interests, we don't need to like the same things in order to love each other.

I love her because she is my sister, my older sister, and I wouldn't have her any other way.



Skye

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment